Northallerton BID Co-ordinator Job Description
Do you enjoy marketing, love your smart phone and get a kick out of social media? Do you have great customer service skills and are friendly and approachable? Do you have good IT skills and are confident on the phone?
If the answer is yes to the questions above; please take a look at our latest job opportunity? Perhaps you are from a retail background and are interested in place/destination management or you have worked in an office environment and would enjoy a more exciting, destination marketing role? This is a great opportunity to join a young company and grow with the business.
The County Town of North Yorkshire, Northallerton is seeking to appoint a BID Co-ordinator to work with the BID Manager to:
- Promote the High Street as a retail, commercial, entertainment and leisure hub;
- Broaden the attractiveness of the High Street to users in terms of its retail mix and wider leisure and commercial appeal;
- Support the performance of the businesses located in the High Street;
- Bring about physical improvement and develop and add to the cultural offer of activities.
Flexible hours and a great working environment. If you want to make a difference to your local area, this is the job for you!
To support the BID Manager, primarily office based, providing all the necessary administrative systems and support to ensure the smooth running of the Northallerton Business Improvement District. Ensure the implementation of the Northallerton BID business plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work with Manager, Directors, the Board and any other Northallerton BID committees to:
- Provide a key point of contact to all BID Stakeholders;
- Provide minute taking and administrative support, as appropriate, to the BID Board and any other Committees the Board decides to constitute;
- Work closely with the Marketing Committee and any appointed contractors in the delivery of events, information sheets, maps, etc;
- Work with BID Directors who are “Champions” or are managing projects to provide them with a realistic level of support.
Work closely with Northallerton BID Business partners to:
- Provide a link to and utilise the services of, other agencies who work with the BID i.e. The County, District and Town Councils and other local organisations, particularly those involved in service delivery.
- Maintain and grow the BID’s social media presence online
- Manage and maintain the BID’s customer records management system
- Organise the delivery of marketing and communication materials to BID clients and members
- Assist in the collation of information and the preparation of reports as required
- Create written content and compile monthly newsletters for editing by BID Manager
- Help to ensure good health and safety practice in all operational areas
- Assist in the efficient use of resources to achieve the aims of the Northallerton BID
- Use GIS tool to report street faults or issues on the High Street
- Any other associated duties commensurate with the post
Northallerton BID businesses, Northallerton BID Board, Council members and council officers, North Yorkshire Police, Contractors, Consultants & Suppliers, Media representatives
The Post Holder will be based within the Northallerton area.
This is a fixed term contract to 31 March 2022 for 22.5 hours per week. The hours of work will generally be between 9.00 am – 5.00 pm Monday to Friday, however due to the nature of the post holder’s role and responsibilities some weekend, evening, early morning working and bank holidays will be expected. No additional payment will be made outside the core working hours. The post involves working from the office (located in the town) but also out and about across all parts of the High Street and in and around Northallerton.
Lone working is required as part of this role.
Salary Range £11,100 – £13,500 for 22.5 hours per week depending on experience.
- Good standard of written & spoken English
- Able to use a smartphone
- Able to use and manage social media
- IT literate across MS Office packages, especially Word and Excel
- Able to write copy for websites and other marketing for editing by BID Manager
- Able to use Excel to maintain and manage customer database
- Customer service skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated with minimal requirement for supervision
- Able to treat information confidentially and protect company data
- Commitment to make a difference in their local area
- Flexible and able to work occasional weekends/evenings as required
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK and should send their CV and supporting letter to: Lindsay Judd, Branch Manager, Bettys Northallerton, High Street, Northallerton DL7 8LF by Monday 4 February 2019. Interviews Friday 8 February 2019.
Contact: by email Lindsay.Judd@bettysandtaylors.co.uk
Please ignore the apply now button below and instead send CV and supporting letter to: Lindsay Judd, Branch Manager, Bettys Northallerton, High Street, Northallerton DL7 8LF.