Tesco Northallerton is open typically from 6am – 10am daily except Sundays or bank holidays which will differ.
They will be prioritising the elderly and most vulnerable for one hour between 9am and 10am every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and NHS staff for one hour between 9am and 10am on Tuesday and Thursday
Freeing up slots
We know that it’s difficult right now to get a delivery slot for online shopping. We’re at full capacity for the next few weeks, so if you’re able to shop in-store safely instead of booking a delivery, it would be a great help. This will allow us to start freeing up more slots for the more vulnerable.
We’re looking at every opportunity to increase the number of slots available. As we increase our capacity, we’ll also set aside more of these slots for our most vulnerable customers.
Shopping safely in-store
To make sure we’re doing everything possible to reduce the risk of infection for our customers and colleagues, we’ll be introducing new social distancing measures in our stores soon.
- To help limit the number of people in-store, when you arrive, we may help you park your car.
- If it’s raining or particularly cold, we may ask you to stay in your car to queue – we’ll let you know when you can come in.
- Floor markings in our car parks will help you to keep a safe distance when queuing.
- Where necessary, we’ll limit the flow of people coming into our stores to make sure they don’t get too busy.
- Hand sanitisers are being placed around our stores for customers and colleagues to use, as well as extra cleaning products to wipe down your trolley or basket.
- In some stores, we’ll introduce directional floor markings and new signs to create a safe flow of movement around the store.
- New floor markings will help you to keep a safe distance from others while waiting to pay.
- We’re installing protective screens at our checkouts.
- Where possible, we’ll create separate entrances and exits to our stores, so that it’s easier to keep a safe distance from other shoppers.
- Please try to shop on your own to help reduce the number of people in-store at any one time. We understand that this is not always possible, so if you need to bring children with you or shop with a carer, you are welcome to do so.
- If possible, use card or contactless payments.
- Please avoid shopping during our dedicated times for vulnerable and elderly people, and NHS workers. And please be kind to our colleagues, as they’re working hard to serve you; we’re all in this together.
Helping to keep everyone safe.
Food for all
To make sure more people have access to everyday essentials, we’ve introduced a shopping limit of 80 items per order and removed multi-buy promotions. You’ll also be able to buy a maximum of 3 items of any product, per customer.