Sainsbury’s in Northallerton will be open from 08.00 to 20.00 Monday – Saturday. Sunday it will be closed.
Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday the store will dedicate 08.00 to 09.00 to serving elderly customers, disabled customers and their carers.
NHS and social care workers will be able to shop for half an hour before they open, from Monday to Saturday. Anyone with NHS ID will be able to shop from 07.30 to 08.00 on these days.
Online shopping is available but prioritised to the vulnerable The government is identifying customers who they consider the most vulnerable, and Sainsbury’s are now in process of emailing these customers to offer them priority access. They will continue to do this as the government identifies more vulnerable people.
Working to feed the nation
We are working round-the-clock to provide customers with more information around how we plan to continue serving our customers in the current climate, especially those most vulnerable and NHS and social care workers.
How we’re helping our customers and colleagues
- We have been working hard with our suppliers to improve our product availability and from Sunday we will start to remove some limits on the number of certain non-essential products you can buy. There are no limits on Easter eggs.
- We are expanding our groceries online and Click & Collect services as quickly as we can. Two weeks ago we had 370,000 online grocery slots available. By the end of next week we will have increased this to 600,000 across home delivery and Click & Collect and we will continue to add more capacity over the coming weeks.
- We have introduced a number of measures in store to help keep our customers and colleagues as safe as possible when they shop in our stores. These include queuing systems outside of stores to limit the number of customers in stores at any one time, clear markings on the floor plus screens at our checkouts in every supermarket, convenience store and Argos collection point.
- We are also asking everyone to only send one adult per household to our stores.
- We encourage you to visit our stores throughout the day to avoid queues when stores open in the morning. As most people are now just buying what they need for themselves and their families, we now often have stock on the shelves all day and at the end of the day.
- We are also working with national and local government and a range of charities to see how we can best help food banks and other community groups.
- We continue to support our colleagues who are self-isolating and are considered vulnerable. This includes our colleagues who live with extremely vulnerable family members who the government has asked to shield for 12 weeks.